Do you use the WPML plug-in to translate your WordPress website? Then you can create a different menu for each language.
Translate menus manually:
- Go to Appearance -> Menus. (Or: View -> Menus.)
- Select the menu you want to translate from the drop-down (click ‘select’)
- Click at the top right on the + icon of the translation you want to create, or on the link of the language in which you want to adjust the menu.
- Then adjust the menu as usual by:
- checking items on the left and adding them to the menu;
- dragging the menu items to the desired position.
- Save the menu.
You can do a menu sync via WPML.
This is especially useful if your pages have already been translated.
- Go to WPML->WP menus Sync
- You get an overview of all sync’s that are available. Maybe there are more than you would like, later you can choose the items you want to synchronize
- Click on ‘sync’
- Choose the items you want to sync
- Click ‘apply changes’